Mentorship Circles provide a diverse and inclusive space for enthusiastic, goal-oriented women to exchange experiences, challenges and accomplishments. With your mentorship group, explore topics like building and growing a network, managing work-life balance, working towards a raise or promotion, and advancing your leadership skills.
All Women Need Mentors
Mentorship gives like-minded women a chance to connect and practice their communication skills, in an environment where growth and support are the focus. When it comes to mentorship, we use the metaphor of a circle for a reason. Circles enclose and protect. They are continuous and self-supportive.
- Orientation Event
- 3 Virtual Mentorship Circle Events
- Wrap Up Event
- Individual Mentorship Meetings with your Mentor
Mentorship will give you the tools to address professional challenges and feel confident doing so. Be inspired and motivated by others, create and envision new solutions for industry, and celebrate achievements large and small. Most of all, expect an amazing experience of learning and personal growth that can never be duplicated! We look forward to seeing you!
WCT London Mentoring circles is a female-organized initiative, meaning we prioritize issues relating to the needs of women leaders and professionals in the workplace. While we are female-led, we support gender diversity in the program, and participation as a mentor or mentee is fully inclusive to other gender identities.
Enrollment is now closed for Mentors and Mentees for the fully virtual 2020-2021 WCT Waterloo Region Mentoring Circles co-hort.
Click on "View" below to log in and see your Circle information and the Resource Center.
Virtual Mentoring Circles Dates and Format
Nov 12 / Dec 10 / Jan 14 /
Feb 11 / Mar 11 / April 8
Mentors and WCT Waterloo Region Executives
Six 2-hour sessions with Mentors and Mentees
5:30 to 6:30 - Welcome, Keynote Speaker, Q&A with Speaker
6:30 - 7:30 - Mentoring Circles
Wrap Up Event with Mentors and Mentees
The Opening Doors: Career Readiness Program provides new and soon-to-be comm-tech women graduates with the hard and soft skills to enter and succeed in the digital technology sectors.
The mentorship component of this program will provide students, recent grads, and those just entering the digital economy with an opportunity to identify career aspirations, overcome challenges and expand their network by connecting with professional men and women.
What is mentoring?
Mentoring is a powerful personal development and empowerment tool. It is an effective way of helping both mentees and mentors progress their careers and realize their full potential. It is a valuable relationship based upon mutual trust and respect, which can last long after the program is complete.
What are the benefits of being a mentee?
- Gain practical advice, encouragement and support
- Increase confidence in your profession and mitigate imposter syndrome
- Develop your communication and interpersonal skills
- Develop problem-solving strategies for dealing with professional issues
- Identify goals and establish a sense of direction
- Gain valuable insight into the next stage of your career
- Make new connections and foster a networking community
What are the benefits of being a mentor?
- Position yourself as a leader
- Demonstrate your leadership skills and utilize interpersonal skills to teach and advise others
- Give back to the community
- Develop professional relationships and friendships built on trust and mutual respect
- Gain fresh perspective and insight from the experiences of employees who are newer to the workforce
- Expand your own professional network
How it works
The program will match one mentee to one mentor to form a mentorship pair. Pairs will meet virtually four times for one-hour sessions over a 4-month period.
The topics that each mentorship pair will discuss over the course of the mentorship period are:
Month 1: Crafting your personal brand and owning your elevator pitch
Month 2: Confidence and putting yourself out there
Month 3: Mindful living and the workplace
Month 4: A topic of the circle's choice, to be determined in June
*Topics are subject to change per each circle's individual preferences.
If you have any questions about the Career Readiness mentorship program, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org